Appointments During Covid-19
We are delighted to offer our full range of services from 11 October 2021. Our office is continuing its safe work practices of patient screening and risk-based precautions.
- Face masks are required within indoor settings, our patients are asked to keep their masks on while in reception and common areas of our building.
- QR code check-in is required: Service NSW collects the data to help with contact tracing efforts.
- Warm words are extended as usual, but no handshaking or other physical means of greeting our patients and staff.
- Telephone screening is in place: patients are asked questions pertaining to COVID-19 risk factors such as symptoms, attendance of exposure sites, and locality.
- Hand sanitiser is available in all areas of our office and each patient is invited to use them as soon as they enter or office and at any point during their visit.
- Our treatment rooms are equipped with a designated patient basin, where you can perform hand hygiene with soap, water, and paper towels.
- We ask every patient to use a mouthwash for 30 seconds, prior to commencing an examination and/or treatment.
- Appointments are given significant space apart: to contribute to social distancing, our reception area will likely have 1-2 people only and possibly even be empty when you enter our office.
- Removal of reading material, toys, and other non-essential objects in our reception area.
- Chairs have been removed and the remaining ones spaced at least 1.5 meters apart.
- Surface cleaning and maintenance are carried out as per universal precaution but with additional cleaning of reception area surfaces and door handles in particular.
- We prefer card payments whenever possible and electronic documents are sent to you (if needed) and other medical and dental professionals to cut down on handling of physical copies.