The Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
We all know that it’s important to take care of our teeth. Proper brushing and flossing, regular visits to the dentist, these are a no brainer. But there are a number of other steps we can take to keep our mouth healthy and keep our smile bright. Cosmetic dental surgery can be scary for those that don’t understand the advantages. And, while visiting the dentist might not be anyone’s idea of a fun afternoon, it can provide a host of benefits.
Let’s look at some of the advantages that you’ll get from cosmetic dentistry:
1. We can start with a whiter, straighter, sexier smile. And who doesn’t want that? You can stop hiding and start showing off your pearly whites. Let them gleam during meals or pictures, knowing that you look good. A bright, white, and more appealing smile is one of the most important aspects of a good appearance. But this is just the tip of the iceberg.
2. With the necessary cosmetic dentistry procedures, you get a healthier bite. Not many people know this, but the profile of your teeth shapes their wear and even the muscular structure of your face. About one in five people have a poor bite, or a poor fit and alignment of your teeth as they come together. With a poor bite, each time you chew, you slightly damage your teeth. Cosmetic dentistry can improve your bite, benefit the alignment of your teeth, and prevent unnecessary wear and tear.
3. With a good bite, you can enjoy the food you like without undue stress. Damaged teeth or a poor bite can make some foods too painful to eat. A crisp, juicy apple, a nice thick steak, when your teeth are damaged or improperly aligned, some of the things we take for granted when we’re young can feel completely beyond our reach. And anyone who is going through that knows that it impacts quality of life more than most people can imagine. The right cosmetic procedure can bring these simple pleasures back within your grasp.
4. You’ll save money. This one might make you wonder, at first. After all, dental procedures cost money, right? While there’s no doubt about that, leaving even small dental issues or misalignments unaddressed will lead to bigger issues over time. And bigger issues lead to more costly procedures. In the meantime, they can lead to tooth pain, which anyone who has experienced it knows can be one of the most excruciating experiences imaginable. So, in addition to the benefits you get on other levels, you’ll be saving your pocketbook as well.
5. You’ll feel better. This is both on the physical level and in terms of self-esteem. On the physical level, this means less pain. Tooth issues can lead to insomnia, migraines, and a host of other medical issues. A yellowed smile, missing teeth, or crooked misaligned teeth, in addition to the physical challenges, can lead to a dramatically lower self-esteem. Cosmetic dentistry can fix all of these issues and more.
If you’d like to know more about cosmetic dentistry or you want to see what your teeth need, feel free to contact us. At Bondi Dentists, we are committed to providing quality and appropriate dental treatment for the community.